Retail Point of Sale
Additional Information On Checkout Scales
POS Scales come with a wide variety of functionality, from scales that only
output weight values to deli scales that feature built-in label printing.
Weight capacity and measurement interval can be chosen to match your business's
needs. For weight capacity, most standard scales feature a 30 or 60 pound upper
limit, as you're hard pressed to find a 70 pound watermelon outside a state
Measurement intervals define how precise you weigh your products, with more precise intervals for higher priced commodities such as fine cheeses or chocolates.
While POSGuys currently only lists weight-only scales, we have access to a full catalog of scales. Give us a call and we can set you up with the scale that best suits your needs.
The Avery Berkel Weigh-Tronix 6710 is designed to be used for linking to electronic cash registers or computers. It has has a 30lb capacity, and is traditionally used in convenience stores, cafeterias, delicatessens, candy stores, coffee houses or other retailers where counter space is limited.
The Avery Berkel Weigh-Tronix 6720 has a 60lb capacity, and is designed for use in grocery and health food stores, cafeterias, convenience stores, candy shops, hardware stores, pet stores or other retail locations.
Both scales have the following features & benefits:
- Easy to Read - Six digit LCD external display with large 0.5" characters, tactile keys
- Accurate and Reliable - Quality load cell and electronics ensure repeatable weight measurements and troublefree operation
- Easy to Install - Bi-directional 9-pin RS232 port. Interfaces to most electronic cash registers and point-of-sale software programs
- Quick Disconnects - Makes all cable connections easy
- OPOS Compatible - OPOS developers tool kit available for POS systems